Thursday, July 15, 2010

Android Goodness

I finally got a new cell phone. The HTV EVO 4G from Sprint and I LOVE IT. I had been an AT&T customer since 2001 but they don't have any good Android phones available. I'm sure this is because of their relationship with Apple. AT&T most likely doesn't want to compete with itself / Apple by selling robust Android phones.

This phone is the coolest "toy" I've ever owned. Sure, it works as a phone, which is, I guess, why I bought it. But with the Android OS I can download various apps to occupy myself when I'm commuting to and from work (about 30 mins on the subway each way.) Right now I'm addicted to a crossword puzzle app.

I also learned that Pandigital finally released the Novel eReader and someone has hacked it to run a different "Welcome" screen so you can install all the apps from the Android market onto the device. I'm thinking about checking that out since its only $150. My crossword puzzle apple on a bigger screen would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment