Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Pandigital Novel - Revisited

I stopped at a Bed, Bath and Beyond near my office yesterday to check out the Pandigital Novel. It turns out they had it in stock and it was only $169 minus a $50 mail in rebate so I bought it. The device is pretty neat - although its smaller than I thought it would be, and a little bit heavy for its size. But overall, I like it (so far). Tonight I'm planning to follow the instructions to change the home screen so I can run other apps that I install on the device. What I really want to figure out how to do is install Android Market on the device so I can more easily download apps for it.At some point I may also try to "root" the device and put a clean install of Android 2.2 on it so I'll keep you posted as I do that.

2 comments:

  1. You got a $50 rebate? Do you have a scan of that?

    I picked one up last week. Pretty cool to mess around with. I haven't rooted it, but I installed Panda Home and a TON of other apk's from my Incredible. I assume you've found SlateDroid.com? Seems to be the most informative place to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @HoopyFrood42 - I will try to remember to bring the rebate form to work and scan it for you. You have to send in your bar code from the box and a copy of your receipt from BB&B too.

    ReplyDelete