Saturday, May 15, 2010

Great Cigar Deal

I recently got an e-mail from Cigars International with a great promotional offer - a box of 20 Pioneer Valley maduros for $24.99 plus $5.00 S & H. According to the website this box of 20 usually sells for $110 plus shipping so the offer was 20 cigars for $1.50 a stick including shipping as opposed to $5.50 a stick plus shipping.

I'm usually a little hesitant to buy "cheap" cigars because I figure they are cheap for a reason -- either they just aren't very good cigars and / or they have defects and won't draft well, etc. However, this deal literally was too good to pass up and so I took the plunge.

I received the cigars yesterday and smoked one last night. I was quite pleasantly surprised at what a nice smooth cigar I had bought! The cigars same in a beautiful wooden box that I will use for something else after the cigars are gone. They cigars also came wrapped in a thin cedar wrapper as well as the more typical plastic wrap. They smelled great out of the box and when I lit the first one it drafted nicely and lit quite easily. I smoked the cigar slowly while enjoying a movie and a good glass of red wine. The taste of the cigar was smooth and consistent throughout enabling me to smoke it down to a nub.

I highly recommend these cigars -- even at $5.50 a stick! 

No comments:

Post a Comment