Monday, May 10, 2010

A Perfect Game

I'm sure any of you who read this blog and follow sports - or follow baseball at least, are aware that Dallas Braden of the Oakland A's pitched a perfect game yesterday against the Tampa Bay Rays. I was trying to explain to my non-baseball fan wife how amazing and rare a perfect game is -- but she didn't seem to get it. Even when I told her that, in the history of Major League Baseball, there have been only 19 perfect games. Of course, as a long suffering Mets fan, I'm waiting for a Mets pitcher to throw a no-hitter! The Mets franchise has played over 7500 games without a no hitter. But several ex-Met pitchers have thrown no-hitters after leaving the Mets: Nolan Ryan, Dwight Gooden, David Cone, Tom Seaver. I'm sure there are others that I'm forgetting.

No comments:

Post a Comment